1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is there a better D-remote than we have

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by max1, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max1

max1 Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    Hi all,I wanted to know if there were a better remote for the DVR with D-The one we have seems like it is not as strong. Sometimes you have to really point it at the receiver. At least with E I was always able to use the remote pretty much any where. Sometimes too when you change the channel you have to punch in the number really fast or it won't let you. Just a couple of bugs i noticed. Is there a universal remote I can use? I have the DVR Plus. Would appreciate any advice. Max.

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    At this point the only non-PC programmable universal remotes with code for the R15/d10 series of receiver are all from URC/HTM, they're the R5, R7, and mx-650.

3. max1

max1 Godfather

Aug 12, 2005
    Thanks Edmund maybe I can switch the receivers and use the DVR in the kitchen. At least with the receiver in the kitchen I can set it up for it to auto tune it to the channel when a showstarts. I really miss the autotune feature-it made viewing tv easier..Am probably going to switch to Longlines in the fall when they go digital. max.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.