1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a D* price list anywhere?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jtbell, Aug 26, 2013.

1. jtbell

jtbell AllStar

Nov 24, 2008
    Greetings all,

I am looking at getting rid of my Premium package, and "downgrading" to one of the lower packages. The selection on the "movie" channels has become so poor that most weekends we go to Red Box anyway.

I do want to keep Sports Pack, but since it is already included in my package, I cannot get a price on their site, only "included in your package."

Is there a price list somewhere, so I can make an intelligent and informed decision?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Go into your Internet Options, temporary files and look for a cookie for DirecTV and delete it.
    Then go back to the site since it now does not know who you are.

1 person likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Godfather

Oct 4, 2007
    I used a second browser for stuff like that.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    That works also.
    I use IE10 most of the time but I also have Fire Fox and have it set for no cookies, no java scripts.

5. jtbell

jtbell AllStar

Nov 24, 2008
    That worked. Thanks!

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    You are welcome. Thanks for the update.

7. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've been thinking about dropping movie packages completely. The only reason I keep the Premium package is the scripted shows, but I think I've figured out a way around being cut off from the On Demand content.

At over $1,300 a year, it's just not worth having.

Rich

8. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I'm betting your wrong about maintaining access to the On Demand content (unless you're planning something under-handed).

9. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    You don't think 7 weekly showings (in both English & Spanish) of Ghostbusters 2 & Weekend At Bernies in HD is worth $1200 a year??!?

10. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You've noticed that too?

11. PhilS

PhilS AllStar

Sep 23, 2007
    Denton, TX
    If using IE10, just click on Tools>Safety>Inprivate Browsing, to bring up a new window. Directv scripts will not have access to the cookies while using this mode..

12. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Interesting, I have never used the InPrivate Browsing before. Have to give it a try sometime.
    Thanks

13. jtbell

jtbell AllStar

Nov 24, 2008
    That is where we are. At one time, you would have several top-shelf movies on Saturday night, and now it is all "original programming" and many great movies seem to slip through the cracks. Many of the movies they do show are 8-12 years old. My bottom line is that I will be saving $50/month and I can rent 4 top-shelf blu-ray movies from red box for less than $6.

14. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    No, nothing that's illegal. Pretty simple actually. Still puzzled?

Rich

15. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    I'm thinking you are considering just activating a premium or two once a year for a month, grabbing all the shows you missed via n demand and watch them all in that time frame then canceling it again. You can do that since they keep all their shows available in demand...

I usually grab most shows when they have their marathons during free preview weekends. :)

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app