1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is There a Maximum Record Time on 625s?

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by olguy, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    I had clicked on a program in the guide that was 3 1/2 hours long. When I checked the timer it was set for 3 1/2 hours. The recording stopped at 3 hours. She's gonna be a bit unhappy 'cause it was Eastenders. At least it repeats Thursday all day so I should be able to get it. I've already set a protected timer for the earliest broadcast so I can check it. I guess I can always do a manual record.

2. jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    Just did 3 1/2 for the Super Bowl with no problems. :icon_cool

3. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Well, that answers that. Thanks. :shrug:

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Is this the Eastenders PPV? That may be affecting the timer.

5. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Yes James, it is. However, when I checked the timer details prior to air time, it indicated it would record 3 1/2 hours. I've set it up again for the first showing this Thursday as a protected recording. It shows it will record for 3 1/2 hours. At least I'll have all day to get it if necessary :grin:

6. Ohioankev

Ohioankev Legend

Jan 19, 2006
    This is unrelated to your problem probably, but a couple of weeks ago i tried to record UFC Ultimate Fight Night on SpikeTV and instead of going the whole 2hours it stopped at 1:53 minutes for no reason. There was nothing else recording, my box didn't crash, it just stopped recording.

7. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Well, it did record the full 3 1/2 hours this past Thursday. Don't know if protecting it had anything to do with it or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.