1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a universal UHF / IR remote control available?

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by md_paul, Jun 2, 2003.

1. md_paul

md_paul Cool Member

Jan 21, 2003
    I'd like a single remote to control my Echostar 721 receiver, Bose Lifestyle 12, Toshiba TV, Toshiba DVD, and Zenith VCR.

My problem is that both the 721 and the Bose unit are UHF devices.

I know that there are remote controls like the DISH UHF remotes that can control multiple I/R components (TV/VCR/ETC), but can only use the UHF capability to control the sat. receiver.

I'm looking for a universal remote that can control more than one UHF device. Specifically, both the DISH 721 receiver and the BOSE Lifestyle surround system. The BOSE system only responds to UHF remote commands (there is no I/R port on the control unit at all).

Does anyone know if such a remote exists?

2. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
  3. md_paul

md_paul Cool Member

Jan 21, 2003
    Geronimo,

Thanks for the website. I checked there, and the short answer is no. There are no universal remotes that can control more than one brand of RF (UHF) devices.

Thanks,

- Paul

4. Tomsoundman

Tomsoundman Godfather/Supporter

Jun 17, 2002
    Geronimo-

Did you start to drift off at the end ofaf your senterentcce?

:D

5. Bill D

Bill D Godfather

May 10, 2002
    The 721 will respond to IR signals from universal remotes as well as the UHF from the Dish remote. So a universal would work everything except the Bose, not sure if there is another solution for that one.