1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this a glitch in the system?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by abooch, May 11, 2009.

1. abooch

abooch Legend

Oct 25, 2008
    I was looking through top movies and I guess I must have hit something by accident and Quantum of Solace started playing..I do not have and internet connection hooked up and it but I've been watching it for about ten minutes now. I can rewind and fast foward..The catch is there the blue screen up that says To order this program now go to directv.com/ppv or call 1-00-531-5000. Extension:777 and the receiver ID and everything...Now i did not want to order this program...Is that what I did? Do I need to call direct to get it taken off my account?
    [​IMG]

Edit...NVM I guess thats suppossed to happen right? It stopped playing after seven mintues...

2. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

It should not be on your account unless you order it,I believe that they show a little bit of the movie to entice you.;)

But I would not try to watch it or it just might show up on your account.:eek2:

3. abooch

abooch Legend

Oct 25, 2008
    ya i know thanks :) someone delete the thread lol

4. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    So the pre-downloaded movies can be previewed like the live PPVs? I've never fooled with them because I don't want to get charged.

5. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yup. You can watch the first 5 minutes for free. But you get an annoying HUGE blue menu covering much of the picture telling you to order it.

I have IPPV disabled on my account so I've played with Movies Now quite a bit even though I can NEVER buy any of them no matter what I push! ;)