1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this going to be back and forth..

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by apexmi, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apexmi

apexmi Godfather

Jul 8, 2006
  2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Did dishnetowrk define how they can still state they are the "largest HD Lineup"..

By any definition... and "counting" DirecTV still comes out on top.

Edit: Okay, now that I read the article.
    How did Dish Network go from 48 channels just 10 days ago... to 75 channels today?

3. jahgreen

jahgreen Godfather

Dec 15, 2006
    It's all puffing anyway. I don't really care who has the most HD channels. I only care who has the HD channels and content I want to watch.

4. apexmi

apexmi Godfather

Jul 8, 2006
    I just counted thier programming list at 43 so it must be "NEW MATH" :lol:

5. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    Now DISH - in desperation obviously - is counting part-time 'game-only' channels available only in specific DMAS (the RSNs they have) - as HD National channels.

If DirecTV were to add THEIR 'part-time' 'game-only' RSNs it would increase their count ALSO by another15 or so (taking them to 90). This would make a great case to also be able to include all of the NFL channels - after all they are 'part-time' game-only' channels. This would push DirecTV to about 100.

What I want to see now is for all of the DISH people here that have complained so loudly for the past 2 years about DirecTv being misleading in their ads to say that this is even further out-there than anything DirecTV said about its own HD. After all - DirecTV has those HD-RSNs BEFORE DISH, they also had NFL ST SF for 3 years now.

Charlie is looking like a desperado today IMHO.

6. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
  7. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    Oh, for the love of D10 (Pete's not available), please don't let this turn into yet another "how do we count the channels" thread!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nono2: :nono2: :nono2:

8. Clato

Clato Banned User

Aug 30, 2007
  9. twistedT

twistedT Icon

Jan 11, 2007
    :lol: :lol: Don't look now..... But I think Charlie is counting invisible HD channels!! :lol: :lol:

10. Pink Fairy

Pink Fairy Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2006
    I already know D* is the leader in HD - no other company would be able to convince me otherwise at this point.

11. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    He is counting game-only RSNs and PPV. Well, he had better be careful because using the same technique, DirecTV can count them as well as the NFL channels.

Odd counting games are stupid because the other guy can use the same counting techniques.

12. saleen351

saleen351 Godfather

Mar 28, 2006
    The problem with Dish is, you can't fool people all the time. Eventually people who actually have Dish then compare to D will understand they are being ripped off.

13. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    unfortunately, most DiSH customers remain fooled.

You know...Charlie is looking out for me by not bidding on the baseball package....

14. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    It's a race with the finish line nowhere in sight. As long as they keep reving those engines and kicking in the horsepower, the spectators are the winners.

!devil12: Shoulder :angel:

15. ScoBuck

ScoBuck Banned User

Mar 5, 2006
    IMHO - that press release by DISH today tells me they are out of gas.

16. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I like the competition but the stretching of the truth that much by Charlie makes me worry, too.

17. techrep

techrep Hall Of Fame

Sep 15, 2007
    Or, just adding more "fuel" to the fire.;)

18. He Save Dave

He Save Dave Legend

Jun 5, 2006
    Their "counting" sickens me. D* Passed E* a couple weeks ago. It makes me think they're not going to even try to compete when they say they're still winning. They're not. So get us some more HD E*!!!

19. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Isn't Echostar launching a new satellite in the near future? is it a replacement or for new programming?

20. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Come on guys, does it really matter who has more or how it's counted? The question is, do you have your "must-have" HD channel yet?

For me, it's SciFi, check!

For Mrs. Shadow, HGTV, check!

It's a happy house we've got now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.