1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is This possible With The Hopper?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by EricHilton1987, Mar 31, 2014.

1. EricHilton1987

EricHilton1987 Mentor

Aug 23, 2009
    Thanks for helping out.

I have been a DirecTV customer for 12 years but recently switched to Dish and pretty confused about a lot of things.

But I will only bother you with one.

I upgraded to the Super Joey this week just to have additional tuners. But, I would like to completely start my hopper over and reset up all of my timers, favorites and all that just like I did when I first plugged it in. Reformat it?

With DirecTV you could do this inside the menu.

All I can find on the hopper is reset defaults and this doesn't do what I want.

Is this even possible? Dish advised me to pull the plug for a bit.. that did nothing at all.

Thanks for your help!!

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I don't know but what's the reason for doing that?

And I'd ask all your questions. Don't be shy! :)

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    find in menu Reset to Default

4. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I would have thought reset to default would eliminate all the timers too... but the problem might be in the fact that the remote backs up timers and some other settings. It might end up restoring them after you reset? Just guessing here.

5. Apr 2, 2014 #5 of 13
    Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Menu - Settings - Diagnostics - Reset Receiver

6. Apr 2, 2014 #6 of 13
    thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    The timers and other settings are stored in the remote. After the reset use the System Wizard ( zero key) to restore your timers.

7. Apr 2, 2014 #7 of 13
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    He doesn't want the timers restored. That seems to be the problem he is asking about... he wants everything to reset and he says they are not.

8. Apr 2, 2014 #8 of 13
    RASCAL01

RASCAL01 Godfather

Aug 1, 2006
    Manually delete timers

9. Apr 2, 2014 #9 of 13
    P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    are we talking to ourself ?

10. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    What if you took the batteries out of the remote for a few days? During those days perform the receiver reset. There has to be some way to keep the remote from restoring the timers.

11. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea

you can't erase NVRAM by the method

12. Grampa67

Grampa67 Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    Unpaired the remote

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

13. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]EricHilton1987,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I will provide you everything the Factory Default should do;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Clear the Favorites list, Search History, Alternate Audio is set to English, Closed Captions returns to default settings, Mode Reminder is enabled, Caller ID history is cleared, Phone Setup is set to Touch Tone and No Prefix, Audio Output Decoder set to Dolby Digital/PCM, Inactivity Standby is enabled.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]