1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is TV Guide (117) in the Welcome Pack?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by FTA Michael, Jun 17, 2013.

1. FTA Michael

FTA Michael Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jul 21, 2002
    Never mind why, but I was poking around at Dish's Welcome Pack page. It's out of date in at least a couple of places - Dish Earth is gone and CCTV-9 is now known as CCTV News.

Anyway, can a DIRT or Welcome-based viewer tell me whether the TV Guide Network is really there? I'd also heard something about Pursuit getting added. Is the Dish page the most accurate list we've got?

2. CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
  3. FTA Michael

Jul 21, 2002
    Hey Cheri, it's nice that you want to help, but you're referencing the same Dish page that I linked to in my question. The page that has known inaccuracies.

My question is still unanswered: Does anyone with first-hand access to the answer know whether TVGN is really in the Welcome Pack?

4. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Seeing you don't believe DIRT I will tell you it isn't listed on channel 103 but it is active on 117 on my Welcome Pack.

5. TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 5, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    The others have answered this, but I just wanted to let you know I was able to confirm those channels still showing on the list, and have forwarded it to have it addressed.

6. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Why bother? TV Guide channel is full of reality stuff, isn't it?

7. FTA Michael

Jul 21, 2002
    Thanks, everybody! Sorry to have doubted you, DIRTers.

8. TheSpider

TheSpider Cool Member

Jul 3, 2012
    does any1 have a current list the web site is nevar rite. for endstance i herd that axs is in it but the site dose knot show it. is we still in it i here it is but it is knot listed on the site. what channels are in it i may nede too it.
    dan

9. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I don't know of any fakeality stuff on it. Lots of 80s & 90s sitcoms and other decent stuff. Almost like what TVLand should be.

Problem is, even with the lower packages, you still get hit with the DVR, receiver and other nuisance fees that have nothing to do with programming, but only pad Chucky's pockets .

Ummm, what?

10. TheSpider

TheSpider Cool Member

Jul 3, 2012
    can we get a listeng of the chanels that are on that package? maby it wood be better if dish were more clere on such mattars but day are knot.
    dan

11. TommyF@DISH Network

Jan 5, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    Hey everyone. I passed it forward and the welcome pack page has been updated to reflect current offerings. Check it out, and let me know if you notice anything else!

12. Orion9

Orion9 Legend

Jan 31, 2011
    According to the Dish website, there are still non-DVR receivers available.

13. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    :bang

14. TheSpider

TheSpider Cool Member

Jul 3, 2012
    it does knot show axs

15. TommyF@DISH Network

Jan 5, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    That's correct. Axs is currently only in the Top 120 package and above, as well as the Latino Dos and Max packages.

16. FTA Michael

Jul 21, 2002
    Thanks again Tommy! Since you asked ...

The default picture-based channel grid view shows the Bloomberg HD logo. Is it really in HD in the Welcome Pack?

In both lists (grid and list views), the channels are listed alphabetically _except_ that they start with TBS, History, HGTV, then Alma Vision, America Live, etc. Why do these three get all the love? I'd be more excited by Comedy Central and The Weather Channel than HGTV, but YMMV of course.

17. TommyF@DISH Network

Jan 5, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    You're welcome! I confirmed that is there, and checked it against our internal channel tool and am showing the same logo under the SD version there too. It may just be one logo we use for both channels, but I have sent it along to get confirmation if that is correct or not.

TBS, History, and HGTV get all the love because they're amazing channels! :righton: I don't have an answer for that right now, but will include it also with my Bloomberg clarification