1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Is Voom available on 129?

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by HD Wannabee, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HD Wannabee

HD Wannabee Cool Member

Aug 9, 2005
    I was told by Dish CS that Voom was only available on 61.5, but several posts here seem to indicate it is also available on 129. CS said only in 'test' mode on 129 at this point and they would not 'guarantee' it will be available in the future.

Anyone subscribing to Voom and getting it on 129? I'm thinking of a Dish 1000.

2. elbyj

elbyj Godfather

Jan 9, 2003
    Yes, VOOM is available from 129. I got the 1000 installed two weeks ago to prevent the need to have two dishes installed.

3. HD Wannabee

HD Wannabee Cool Member

Aug 9, 2005
    Thanks. It was obvious after several calls to Dish it probably was, but they were being told to deny it so they could dump their remaining inventory of D500 antennas on new subscribers.

4. SummitAdvantageRetailer

SummitAdvantageRetailer Godfather

Feb 20, 2005
    So... what's the trick in getting Voom activated if you have a Dish 1000. Tell DISH that you have a 2nd dish at 61.5? That might bite you in the end if you need to have a 2nd dish installed for must carry locals or for whatever reason. Not that it could happen, but what if?

5. elbyj

elbyj Godfather

Jan 9, 2003
    No tricks involved. When I was working the install, DISH refused to recognize they had the 1000 available and would not offer one. As a matter of fact all the CSRs stated they didn't even have a sale code for the 1000. Their pitch was to have a second dish pointed at 61.5. Knowing VOOM was also at 129 based on threads on this site, I had them open a work order to install VOOM. In the mean time, I ordered a DISH 1000 a local retailer and had it available for the installer at the designated appointment. All the DISH CSRs needs to know is that you are activating VOOM, they have no idea if you are receiving it from 129 or 61.5.

6. totalconfusion

totalconfusion Cool Member

Oct 15, 2005
    Will that work on locals? My local channels are on 129,but I can't get a CSR to turn them on. They don't even know what a Dish 1000 is.

7. boylehome

boylehome Hall Of Fame/Supporter

Jul 16, 2004
    Call back and ask to speak to someone up the chain of command. You'll get it turned on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.