1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue: Organizing recorded material

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by shoelessjoe, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    Is there any chance D* will add the opportunity to put recorded material on the HR20s in folders manually. Right now it can get kind of messy when there are a lot of shows recorded. Is it possible in the future to name folders and be able to organize them the way you would folders on the computer? Example: Movie folder/ husband folder/wife folder/kids folder/sports, etc..

2. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    Seems like a good idea.

3. Simpleton24

Simpleton24 Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    Shoeless Joe, I had the same thought and posted it in the Wish list today. I had not read your post before posting myself.

It would keep the Playlist much more organized.

Kevin

4. shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    Thanks for doing that. I think it is needed. I am just hoping the code wouldn't be to difficult to accomplish this.

5. MEJHarrison

MEJHarrison Mentor

Sep 27, 2003
    I'd love to see this added. With 4 different people recording things, it would be great to be able to organize it better. I would love to be able to click on my folder and see only the things that are of interest to me.

I'd also like it if they took it a step further and added the ability to password protect the folders. I've recording various adult programming off HBO before (Real Sex, Cat House, etc). I know we can set parental controls so kids can't view those programs, but it would better if we could simply keep the children, baby-sitter, guest, etc. from seeing what's recorded period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.