1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with playback HR20-100

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by goondog71, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goondog71

goondog71 Mentor

Feb 15, 2006
    I wanted to see if anyone else outthere has the same issue I see with my HR20. When I watch a show from the DVR that I have recorded (SD or HD it does not matter), the playback freezes. It is more than a pause, the entire box freezes, the pictures stops, there is no sounds and the box is unresponsive. After a few secondes....sometimes 1 or 2 other times 4-5 the show resumes. I have also seend this with the live buffer.

Has anyone else seen this?

2. onin24eagle

onin24eagle Legend

Aug 6, 2005
    Yes, I have seen this too. It sucks!

3. goondog71

goondog71 Mentor

Feb 15, 2006
    This is getting to the point where I can not watch any show with out this happeneing. What is the use to have a DVR if you can not watch anything on it.

Has anyone found a way to fix this issue...is it based in the software version?

I do not think it has to do with the DVR file, because one day a show will work fine and then the next it will have the stopping issue?

4. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    Call DIRECTV and get a new DVR sent out.
    The hard drive is probably failing.

5. damorin04072

damorin04072 New Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I too had this problem, it seemed to start when the software upgrade that included the On-Demand features was installed.
    Resetting seemed to resolve the problem for a few weeks, but then it came back even worse than before. I finally had enough and called Directv and they are sending a new HDDVR.

6. goondog71

goondog71 Mentor

Feb 15, 2006
    Did you get your new one and did the issue stop?

I just wonder if this is a software or hardware issue?

I agree this only started with the new software version that included the On Demand.

I like the HR20-100 because it has the coax audio out, which I believe, the other units do not have.

Thanks

7. goondog71

goondog71 Mentor

Feb 15, 2006
    Just to add. I figured out that I only have the freeze issue when I play back a show that is in HD all my SD shows are working just fine.

Thanks new software

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.