1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Issue with remote for Genie client

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by MRM, Sep 25, 2013.

1. MRM

MRM AllStar

Sep 10, 2008
    We upgraded to the Genie over the weekend and love it so far. We had the C41 client added to the second TV. But sometimes, the remote doesn't want to turn on the C41. Is there some kind of bug with them? I've done a little bit of research on this and haven't come up with anything. I thought maybe someone on here might have an answer. Thanks.

2. Logandros

Logandros New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Does the issue happen if you use the PWR button instead of the ON button?

3. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    What model of remote are you using?

If its the RC71 remote have you tried RF mode if you're currently in IR mode?

4. MRM

MRM AllStar

Sep 10, 2008
    Yes.

5. MRM

MRM AllStar

Sep 10, 2008
    I'm sorry, I'm not up on the model numbers of the remotes like I am the receivers. It's the remote that looks like the same one that came with the HR21-24. I even tried the remote that came with the Genie. It doesn't do it all the time, but enough to be annoying.

6. Logandros

Logandros New Member

Apr 21, 2008
    NJ
    Model numbers are in the top-left corner of the remote. Based on what you said about trying the additional remote, it doesn't sound like a remote issue. So just to cover the obvious, are you sure there are no obstructions, did you remove the plastic protective coating from the Genie, have you tried cleaning the unit?

If all is yes, I would say you have a bad unit with a faulty IR receiver.

7. MRM

MRM AllStar

Sep 10, 2008
    The tech is the one that installed the client, so I don't know if there's anything on it. I'll check when I get home this evening. If not, I guess I'll be calling to get another sent to me.

8. Rtm

Rtm Godfather

Oct 18, 2011
    Does your remote have Red&Black batteries or White Phillips batteries.

I was given 3 RC71 with Philips batteries and 1 with Red/Black batteries and that one with the Red/Black batteries and it was doing this then totally quit working.