1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

issues with channels on dish, a couple of them are out right now.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Willh, May 25, 2011.

1. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    is anyone else having issues with a couple of channels right now, i noticed that the HD version of The Weather Channel is out and so the SD version of Science channel, which i accidentally found out to be out as i was just checking out what to watch. anyone else up at this time having issues with a few channels.

i would say bad weather maybe to blame but it's not here in my area as the storms here have pass though two to three hours ago. i thinking an issue in the Uplink department.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Time to call for a service call.

3. MikeJH@DISH Network

MikeJH@DISH Network Guest

Dec 28, 2010
    The issue that you are having may be related to the weather in your area. There are no known issues with Science or Weather channel at this time. If the storm has passed and your still having issues there are some troubleshooting steps that can be performed to try and correct issue. If you would like to get this corrected you can PM your DISH Network account or phone number and I can assist you.

4. Willh

Willh Legend

Jan 1, 2009
    ok, here's the deal, this must had been weather related, but not on my end as the weather was clearing up here at the time those two channels were out, it must had been a pretty bad storm at the end of the uplink centers which is where the signal is being feed, plus i was getting a ok signal so i know it wasn't my end. so it wasn't my end that was the issue this time. anyway those channels are working now.

5. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    The weather doesn't have to be bad at your house to lose signal. If you have a storm to the south of you (where your dish is pointed), it can block your signal.