1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

It's possible that SL3S LNB works with an 18x20 dish

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by prietojc, Nov 18, 2013.

1. prietojc

prietojc New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Hi guys I'm just wandering if I could put to work an 18x20 dish with SL3s LNB for an HR44-500. I really appreciate your comments

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    Asked and answered in your other post. A "Genie" requires a SWM (single wire multiswitch) setup.

3. prietojc

prietojc New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    thanks for the reply

4. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
  5. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    I have a 5 LNB on a 18x20 and it works on HD just fine. Can't imagine why a 3 wouldn't be just as happy.

I did find aiming without the fine adjust screws to be quite a bit more difficult, it is WAY more touchy than an SD phase 3 setup. Really. I never was able to balance 99 and 103 as close as I see on a Trim/Slim Line, but heck, it works.

Sent a picture of my illegitimate hybrid to a friend of mine who is an 'actual' D* tech. He got quite a chuckle from it, he even came out and looked at it.

Makes me think about clamping a 5LNB on an old DTN dish I have in the shed . . . . . . . .

:coffee