1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Its Worse Than Just Ports!!!

Discussion in 'The OT' started by juan ellitinez, Mar 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 3, 2006 #1 of 30
    juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
  2. Mar 3, 2006 #2 of 30
    tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    Officials identified the Israeli suitor as Check Point Software Technologies, a company traded in Israel and the United States. Check Point has offered $228 million for the Maryland-based firm Sourcefire, which supplies security software for the Defense Department and intelligence agencies

Even with Israel who is a strong friend of the USA, I believe this transaction should not go through. Anything dealing with the security of the United States should be done with Companys owned and operating in the USA.

3. Mar 3, 2006 #3 of 30
    juan ellitinez

juan ellitinez Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 31, 2003
    So you agree HALIBURTON should run everything?

4. Mar 3, 2006 #4 of 30
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    To me it isn't about race or prejudice or anything.... it's just something that makes sense.

Security related things should be owned and operated by companies wholly within the country that is being secured. This should be true for all world nations, and should be so obvious that we shouldn't even have to be talking about it.

Even people and countries we trust (Great Britain for instance) shouldn't be owning and operating US security and neither should a US company own and operate a British security installation.

We can go a step further and say that some countries are less trustworthy to us than others, surely... but it shouldn't get that far down the road.

Now the sad part is we do have some sadly inept US companies running things in areas... but we should be trying to improve that and support more competent US companies. Some things just really do need to be American-made, at least for US interests!

5. Mar 3, 2006 #5 of 30
    Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Haliburton would be preferable. At least with them we would only be wasting untold amounts of money.

They do know how to keep something secure. Those folks on LOST couldn't get into the Haliburton case without the key. ;)

6. Mar 3, 2006 #6 of 30
    Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Let the Manchurian Corp. fight our wars for us. That way we can waste our already feeble youth on the Peace Corps or some other unrealistic namby-pamby feel-good liberal horsesh!t!

7. Mar 3, 2006 #7 of 30
    jonstad

jonstad Hall Of Fame

Jun 27, 2002
    Sounds good! How soon can they be in Baghdad?

And, per unit labor costs should be MUCH less!:D

8. Mar 3, 2006 #8 of 30
    Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    My daughter leaves for Kenya to spend 27 months in the Peace Corp on May 26. That gives her enough time to come down to Georgia and whip your sorry feeble butt. :mad: I'm waiting for your apology.

9. Mar 5, 2006 #9 of 30
    Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Nick, where's your response? My daughter had to fight to convince the Peace Corp that some early medical issues would not keep her from going over to Africa for 27 months, in an effort to help keep people alive, instead of killing them, living with none of the modern comforts we all take for granted, all for the glorious sum of about $150 a month. Pretty damn feeble, right? Really namby-pamby feel-good liberal horseshit. Either back up your stupid statement, or apologize.

BTW, have have any of the moderators taken a look at Nick's language?

10. Tom in TX

Tom in TX Icon

Jan 22, 2004
    Obviously, this has struck a nerve with you, but what "language' are you refering to?
    "feebel", or "unrealistic", or "namby-pamby", or "feel-good", or "liberal"?
    I don't see anything out of line here. If I should look elsewhere to see what you're talking about, point me in that direction.
    Not singling you out, just want to know what you're talking about!
    Tom in TX

11. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    How about horseshit? Yeah, referring to what my daughter will be doing as horseshit is very offensive to me. Unfortunately, only the conservatives here seem to feel any reason to jump in when one of their own feels offended. No conservatives ever see anything wrong with what one of their own does, and liberals either don't care or are to afread to say anything in conservative land.

I guess we aren't supposed to spit in the faces of returning soldiers, but spitting in the faces of feeble, namby-pamby feel good liberal Peace Corp volunteers is a-ok. We honor those who go to kill others, but have no respect to those who give up several years to try to keep people alive.

12. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Bogy, my derogatory comment about the Peace Corps was not directed at you or your daughter. I'm sorry you choose to be offended, but remember, others are not responsible for your 'feelings', you are.

That being said, keep in mind that PC volunteers do what they do because that's what they want to do. They don't "give up" a part of their life, they just choose to take their lives in a different direction. While I can respect that, I don't buy into the sacrificial aspect of such a choice, no more than when a person chooses any other course in life.

The thing about 'selflessness' is that it isn't. Let's not kid ourselves -- every person who does anything of a charitable nature gets something out of it, a 'payoff', if you will -- even if that payoff is just a "feel-good" feeling. Read Ayn Rand's "The Virtue of Selfishness" to discover for yourself what really motivates charity.

About the PC, it's my personal opinion that it's a gov't fraud perpetrated on idealistic and gullible young people. I wouldn't want to see any of my progeny to waste a part of their lives in (virtually) unpaid (so-called) "service to their fellow man". They were raised to be productive people and each has acheived that in their own way.

Finally, as a nation, we have enough problems within our own borders that could and probably should receive priority from do-good liberals who insist on prostrating themselves upon the sacrificial altar of unproductive, unpaid public service.

But, then, that's just my opinion.

13. missileman

missileman Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

May 28, 2004
    So you want an aplogy for someone's opinion? Grow up!!

14. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I have mentioned it in enough recent posts for you to know my daughter is entering the Peace Corp. So yes, I did take it personally. I take it personally when people say things like this about my children.

feeble
    A adjective
    1 feeble, nerveless
    lacking strength; "a weak, nerveless fool, devoid of energy and promptitude"- Nathaniel Hawthorne

2 decrepit, debile, feeble, infirm, sapless, weak, weakly
    lacking physical strength or vitality; "a feeble old woman"; "her body looked sapless"

3 faint, feeble
    lacking strength or vigor; "damning with faint praise"; "faint resistance"; "feeble efforts"; "a feeble voice"

4 feeble, lame
    pathetically lacking in force or effectiveness; "a feeble excuse"; "a lame argument"

Those in the military are also doing what they want to do. They are not making a sacrifice. They deserve no special honor or respect, they are just doing what they chose to do. They are paid very well to do it.

My daughter will be productive if she can help anyone achieve a better life, or to live by avoiding AIDS. If you don't think she is, that is your problem, and it is indicative of a flaw in your personality.

I don't know why moderators get bent out of shape when people say something about them. After all its just someone else's opinion, and I don't see how I can be responsible for how they feel.

So Nick. You are definitely feeble. Because what you wrote is a #4, a pathetically lacking excuse for your stupid comment. And I already knew that you are to feeble to take responsibility for what you write and to offer an apology.

15. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    And of course, the conservative posse has to jump in and attack me as well.

16. tomcrown1

tomcrown1 Hall Of Fame

Jan 16, 2006
    Bogy what your daughter is doing is GREAT!!!! I wish afracia was more in our focus. We allow people to get wipped off the face of the earth without any help. Yet if Africa had Oil we would send our young man to fight to protect that oil and us genoide as an excuse. One good thing Bogy if you are indeed a chaplan you have showen that the true way to be a christan is to be a liberal after all Jesus was. I applude the work your daughter is doing.

17. Tom in TX

Tom in TX Icon

Jan 22, 2004

18. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    As I said earlier...
    That Bogy chose to interpret it so is sufficient evidence to me that he goes around looking for things by which to be offended. Such is the nature of thin-skinned liberals incapable of engaging in give-and-take banter -- because their ineffectual arguments won't stand up to the light of close examination. :rolleyes:

Being "offended" is typically the last refuge of those liberals who can't escape their idealistic view of the way things "ought to be", instead of facing reality and dealing with circumstances as they actually are. :nono2:

19. Redster

Redster Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 14, 2004
    Bogy.. That your daughter chooses to work in the Peace Corp, in a country that is torn by war, aids, poverty and complete lawlessness is a noble gesture to the people of that country. That choice is also respected by many in this country and I am certain; a choice she is proud to make. To raise a child who is willing to give her time to help others is a great reflection on you and your wife. :)

But ...

Not everyone feels the same way about the Peace Corps and that is their right, we are still in America correct ? While the corps does wonderful things, at this point in time, I personally would like to see more people helping the hurricane victims out.

20. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Another FEEBLE attempt to excuse yourself. You are admitting your feeble-mindedness if you have missed a number of posts I have made concerning my daughters plansl. I don't consider what you said to be "give and take banter." You can and have said a number of offensive things about me, but when you call my dauther feeble, and what she is going to be doing horeshit, them's fightin' words.

Excusing yourself for being a feebleminded jerk by claiming the problem is someone else's is standard operating procedure for conservatives who can't take personal responsibility for being offensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.