1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

iTunes Extras now available on Apple TV

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by Athlon646464, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    iTunes Extras now available on Apple TV

(Engadget.com) - Apple's iTunes Extras feature has offered customers a behind-the-scenes look at rented movies for some time, but up until now it only existed on the desktop. Thanks to an update that went out yesterday, you'll now be able to view iTunes Extras on your Apple TV. To get the additional content, your device must be running software version 6.2, which was released last week....

Full Story Here
    [​IMG]

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've been using the Apple TV box in the condo we rented at the shore for a week now, and I can't wait to get home and get back on my BD players again. The NF interface just kinda sucks on the Apple compared to what I'm used to. But, my son says he can sync an Apple box to his iTunes account and he's got a bunch of movies on his iTunes account, so I'm gonna buy one now. Right now.

Rich

3. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Well, that didn't work out as I expected it to. Amazon doesn't sell them directly. That makes returning difficult. I'll wait till I get home and buy one from an Apple store. I think they have a 14 day return policy, which I need if the thing won't work with his iTunes account. The remote must be RF, no? They've got mounting kits for the back of TVs, must be an RF remote.

Rich

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Rich if you have waited this long, I'd wait a bit longer. I suspect we may see a new box this fall with the new iPhones and iPads and rumor has it they will hit a little earlier this year, maybe already within a month or two of their announcement,

5. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Or, conversely, order from the Apple Store. Easy peasy.

6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Thanx, I'll wait. That must be why Amazon stopped selling them directly. I've had several of them and got disgusted with them, but the idea of using my son's rather vast library of movies interests me.

I've tried to stop him from buying them, but he wants them immediately upon release. Kid's got a stubborn streak that I can take advantage of for a change. This will be a real first for me.

Rich

7. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have one a few minutes drive from my home. It's in a mall right across from a BB and I'll be able to stop in and ogle a 4K. Accomplishing two tasks in one trip is a goal for anyone as lazy as I am. Seriously.

Rich

8. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    That's not lazy; that's smart! I almost always combine many errands on the same outing.

9. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    You do realize how much pride I take in my laziness, right? I've worked hard at finding ways to be lazy and get away with it. :rolling:

Rich

1 person likes this.