1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J-Pole Mast for Soffit Clearance

Discussion in 'Technical Talk (Closed Forum)' started by gbarry, Jun 10, 2002.

1. gbarry

gbarry New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Anyone know where I can get a longer J-Pole? I saw one once, and now I can not for the life of me find the site online.

I need a longer mast to clear the soffit and I do not want to have to go with an "extension" for $60 - $100+.

Thanks,

Greg

2. Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I wonder if a trip to your local Home Depot might help... I think the j-pole is the same diameter as chain-link fence post. If you could find a piece that was flared/reduced, you might just be able to make that post longer for cheap...

3. Dave Johnson

Dave Johnson AllStar

Mar 23, 2002
  4. gbarry

gbarry New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Thanks for the info.

I know of the winegard S-pole but it would have to be cut and drilled - ugh. And it may still not be long enough!

I saw a longer J-pole somewhere but it's killing me to find the place. Any suggestions for a full-stock DSS supply house on the net or off? Most of the the places on the net are lousy and push new systems and not real supplies.

Thanks again.

Greg

5. gbarry

gbarry New Member

Jun 10, 2002
    It seems that Winegard has a mount with a longer mast, the DS-3000 for $12.95!

Stark has it - thanks for the tip.

Greg