1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Japanese Channels?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Araxen, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Araxen

Araxen Icon

Dec 18, 2005
    Does Directv offer any Japanese Channels?

I was looking on their website and they have a bunch of tiered packages like for south asia(korea), italian, etc, but none for Japanese.

2. joed32

joed32 Hall Of Fame

Jul 27, 2006
    Dish has Japan TV (NHK). My wife had dish for only that one channel at $30 per month. She loved it so it was worth the money. Eveything else we got on D.

3. Araxen

Araxen Icon

Dec 18, 2005
    I got this reply from Directv today:

There's no way I would switch to Dish. It doesn't look like Directv would charge me to upgrade my dish outside so I can't wait to get some tv from Japan!

4. grifta67

grifta67 AllStar

Dec 20, 2005
    Wow good timing to find this post. Just yesterday it occured to me how it makes no sense that D* doesn't offer any Japanese channels.

I can't understand a lick of the language, but I'm somehow still completely enamoured with their programming. As of now, pretty much the only place I get to see it is snippets on tvinjapan.com.

I certainly would be interested in paying an extra $5 a month for ala carte Japanese networks! Of course, I'd have to climb up to the top of my 3 story house to install a new 3 LNB dish, but it will be worth it!

-Sean

5. SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX Legend

Apr 19, 2007
    yeah something that kinda had me back and forth... I wanted Dish for Tv Japan but I wanted Direct TV for XM since I have an XM sub for my car.

I went with Direct TV but I hope sometime soon they allow for TV Japan.. I mean someone has to notice this...

I would gladly pay the $25 or $30 extra a month for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.