1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japanese News Program on DirecTV?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by litzdog911, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Anybody know of a weekly or daily Japanes news program on any DirecTV channels? I'm having a coworker from Japan stay with me for a couple of months, so it would nice if I could find a regular Japanese news show. Thanks!

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I think you would probably need one of the extended international channel packages

3. fade2black

fade2black AllStar

Apr 8, 2007
    They didn't have it as of a few years ago. Had to get Dish for my mom just to get TVJapan, which is mostly Japanese NHK programs, though some are in English.

4. litzdog911

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Thanks guys. I was just wondering if any of the current channels provided any Japan-specific news. I think that News World International used to, but they were bought by Al Gore and turned into Current.

5. Araxen

Araxen Icon

Dec 18, 2005
    There used to be that News International Channel before Current took over in it's place, but there's no japanese programming AFAIK atm on Directv even in the international packages. There are Asia programs but it's China and Korea stuff.

I inquired about a year ago and they said it was coming in the summer or something last year but they never did get anything japanese tv wise. I would really like to watch some Japanese TV myself!

6. gresmi

gresmi Mentor

Mar 4, 2007
    Sadly, I haven't found any either. But there are a few news channel streaming to the web, so it's not that big of a deal.

I listen to nhk online at work

7. litzdog911

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Good point. The internet will have to do.

8. hornetsfan30m

hornetsfan30m AllStar

Jun 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.