1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JD Power: AT&T U-verse, Verizon FiOS and WOW! Lead Regional Customer Satisfaction

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Ken S, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Oct 8, 2009 #1 of 11
    Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
  2. Oct 8, 2009 #2 of 11
    Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    Good read. Thanks for the post. I hope that in competing they all start getting better customer service.

3. Oct 8, 2009 #3 of 11
    BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Most likely the reason for this is because the services are still very new, and because most installs are still being done by in-house union employees who can take all day on a single job. Sooner or later, they'll be farmed out and rates will be cut...

Also, most people haven't tried to cancel yet. That's always a big source of unhappiness...

4. LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers New Member

Sep 22, 2006
    All of these carriers are basically limited and regional, how can you compare them to DirecTV, Dish, Comcast in the first place?

5. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    If you read the report you'd see that it was done on a regional basis. If you think about it, to some extent, all of the providers are regional.

Dish uses different satellites for different areas of the country and carries/doesn't carry locals/HD locals on a dma by dma basis.

DirecTV is more "national" but still varies from dma to dma on what locals/HD locals it carries.

Comcast costs, offerings and pricing can vary by city/area as well.

6. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Answer:

You can't.

Apples-to-refridgerators comparison.

DirecTV a "bust"?

!rolling

Yeah....I guess all those #1 ratings for years and years must be invisible to some who wish it to be that way.

7. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
  8. BattleScott

BattleScott Hall Of Fame

Aug 28, 2006
    You compare them very simply, you survey their customers and have them rate their experiences. Other than scale of the operation, there is no difference in how the customer service is provided so there should be no expectations that their customers judge their respective performances in the below criteria differently.

National, regional, local or global, any company should still strive to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction that they can. If the results show that they are not succeeding, they should take the necessary steps to correct those trends. To say that two companies providing the same service, or their customers satisfaction levels, can't be compared because one company is national and the other not, makes no sense to me.

9. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    "bust" should have been "but". I guess you're focusing too much on starting an argument than reading things in context. I'm sure you've never had a typo.

I'm not sure who your last sentence is meant for. It appears though the surveys only count to you when DirecTV is on top...if not they're invalid.

10. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    This isn't surprising really considering how new and how much money both companies are throwing into them to make them successful. People can argue these awards all day long as to why it isn't the same based on many things. Overall any smaller company with a smaller customer base is going to have happier people. DirecTV achived it's number 1 status for years when it wasn't near the top in terms of subscriber growth and when it was being converted from not posting a profit to posting a profit.

11. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Anyone unaware of the fact that they have been #1 for 4 of the past 6 years as the top national provider in the J.D. Powers surveys.

That said, it is indeed good to see the startups trying to do their best to at least retain some form of customer satisfaction - so hats of to them for that.