1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Jellybean on the Viewsonic gTablet

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Cholly, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I've had an ill fated Viewsonic gTablet for about a year. As released, the gTablet used the Froyo operating system, which was designed for Android cell phones. Rather than continue development, Viwsonic withdrew the tablet from the market and discontinued all support, leaving it a virtual orphan. :eek2:
    Fortunately a lot of savvy people discovered that the gTablet OS could be hacked and soon came up with modified versions of Gingerbread and Honeycomb.
    I'd installed GtabComb (Honeycomb hack) on my gTablet and was not totally satisfied because it was obviously a work in progress that got abandoned by its developer. :(

Fast forward to yesterday. I installed ALPHA DIRTY-BEAN 4.1.X, by Team DRH, on my gTablet, following the very good instructions given on the xda-developers web site by Ray Waldo. Oh, Happy Day! :joy:
    I now have an almost bug free adaptation of Jellybean on my gTablet.

2. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    :biggthump There's some real wizards over there on XDA

3. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Jellybean is amazing stuff.

4. AndrewWebster

AndrewWebster New Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jellybean is awesome on galaxy tablet. How many guys out there make use of Jellybean on galaxy tab?

5. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Nice. I've been looking at picking up an inexpensive Android tablet. This just might be what I've been looking for.

- Merg

6. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch running jelly bean..yes indead it is awsome.. I still have not fully explored all of its capabilitys...