1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeremiah on Showtime 4/19/02 - Spoiler!!!

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by gcutler, Apr 21, 2002.

1. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    So what did the other Jeremiah fans think of this episode. Very much an "Arc" episode. Valhalia Sector sounds more and more like a place not to be unless you are very much into Discipline :D

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    I thought it was great - a very similar feeling to the first season B5 epsiode where we saw the first ones for the first time. This ep raised a whole slew of questions that I'm sure won't be answered anytime soon. And here I was thinking that valhalla sector were the good guys. Of course, this could come down to order vs chaos again. Who knows? That's what I love about Joe's writing.

3. TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I liked seeing the backstory about the mountain. And like Mark, I was very excited to see that JMS's style was very much alive and well. By the time we see what Valhalla sector is, they will be demonized but then when we see them for real (remember Jeremiah is going to get a free pass because of his father) they wont be all bad. There will be logic to their "evil" that we haven't seen.

I missed the first 15 minutes of the episode because Showtime doesn't know how to make and keep a schedule. I'll have to catch the replay to catch how the "old guy" got into the base.

See ya
    Tony

4. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Replays on Showtime Beyond tonight at 10:45 ET (50 minutes from now). Yeah, the schedule was screwed up - started at 8:30 my time instead of 8:45...luckily I had set the tape to start at 8:30! I tape it off the showtime HD channel - that way I get it in widescreen on my copy - it's shown 16x9 upconverted on the HD channel.

5. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I have had to add like 30 minutes to the end of the show and the beginning of the show just to make sure everything gets recorded. This is exactly why I have lost contact with other Showtime shows like "Beggars and Choosers", "Twilight Zone" and "Rude Awakening". But a PVR does make it easier???

Well Valhalia Sector has been demonized quite a bit, in the previous episode with them Burning down whole sections of towns. But as others have stated here, JMS loves to twist things on their heads, so I bet within 3 years we are all thinking that Valhalia Sector is the right way to go and "End of the World" was a silly idea????

ANd of course there has to be the Cryptic message with the freaky guy saying something like "I am your brother". Is Jeremiah's middle name "Valen" :grin: I wonder if any of us will figure it out before it is revealed.

6. superbura9

superbura9 New Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Hi! Just shooting in the dark here, but I've searched the net extensively to get a hold of this show in widescreen. Living in Europe there is no chance of catching it on Showtime HD either and the dvd versions are all fullscreen chop & weep ratio. Would you be willing to sell dvd-r copies of your taped seasons if you still got them? Thanks! :gott: