1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeremy Roenick

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Dan9, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    What do you guys think of the comments Jeremy Roenick made the other day? Most of his comments were taken way out of context by the new sports tabloid network ESPN. They edited his news conference to make it sound like he was telling all NHL fans that he didn't want them at the rinks, when he really said that to all the people who said that this lockout was all the players fault when it's not. This lockout is mostly just a fight between Bob Goodenow and Gary Bettman, not between the players and the owners.

2. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    "I was taken out of context" is the common defense of an idiot. "The fans can kiss my ***". Please explain in what "context" such a thing is appropriate.

Roenick comes across as what he is, a spoiled, out of touch, arrogant, dumb and foolish man unsatisfied with making 100s of time the average weekly wage for playing a game that is of marginal popularity.

As to the so-called "lockout", its 100% the players' fault. Offered 100s of times the average weekly wage for a high school graduate w/ no transferable job skills, which is to say, 100s of times what any hockey player ever made before in history, they arrogantly want 100s of times more.

Hopefully, their ruined careers and league will stand as a warning to other so-called players unions.

3. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    He didn't say all the fans can kiss his a** like sportscenter portrayed it , he was referring to all of the people complaining and saying that all hockey players are spoiled and that the players are not trying to do anything to end this lockout is all he was saying.

Watch the interview from ESPN:http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/index

4. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    Oh, I have seen the tirade/interview. So only the fans that do not support the players demands can kiss his ***. Much different.

The players are not doing anything to resolve this "lock out". After all, all it would take for them to resolve it is two word. "Yes, sir."

5. Dan9

Dan9 Godfather

Feb 21, 2005
    If that's all it took to end this lockout it would have been over in February when the players agreed to a salary cap!!! :nono2:

6. Halfsek

Halfsek Hall Of Fame

Oct 29, 2002
    At least in the clip I saw they showed the part of him referring to those who think the players are spoiled crybabies..... but, well, I do think they are.

College cheerleading gets higher ratings than hockey; yet the players want to get paid like baseball players. It's not going to happen. And Roenick ain't helping.

He has to remember that he's still talking to hockey fans- regardless of whether or not they think the players are to blame.

Personally, I always felt that the league should have fired all the players and re drafted the entire league.

As much as I love hockey, I understand that it's never going to hit the popularity (or at least not in the forseeable future) which baseball (yawn!), basketball or football enjoys. So everyone has to deal with the fact that the US audience of hockey isn't going to be all that large.