1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jerky video on several HD channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by retromzc, Sep 11, 2011.

1. retromzc

retromzc Legend

Sep 6, 2007
    I was wondering if anybody else has noticed what I am experiencing. For the last few weeks whenever I've watched say....repeats of The Waltons, Frasier or Little House on Hallmark HD the video goes from smooth to jerky to smooth to jerky...almost like slow motion or missing frames. I see the same thing while watching repeats of Matlock on Hallmark Movie HD. All last week the new HD versions of Friends on Nick At Nite were doing it too. I even noticed it last night while watching Hondo on AMC HD. I never notice it during commercials, only during programs. I see this on both of my sets using an HR24-500 and an H20-100 receiver connected via HDMI. This seems to have started very recently. Signals are all great (all 90's). For what it's worth I also have these same channels temporarily available via Comcast and said channels do not exhibit this jerky problem. As I mentioned, I only see this during programs, never during commercials. Is anybody else noticing this lately? If so any suggestions? It is quite annoying. I have tried resets on both receivers which doesn't help. Thanks!