1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Joey and DVR functions

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by secretservices, Mar 21, 2012.

1. secretservices

secretservices Cool Member

Oct 29, 2006
    I have had my Hopper/2 Joey system a few days now. So far I like but I'm having issues with my Joeys and DVR functions. I can not get the frame by frame to work. When I pause and then play again, it will jump from say 12:22 to 9:19. Very strange. My question is...does your Joey DVR function correctly or do you have similar issues?

2. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    I would be more than happy to review what is occurring and assist you with some troubleshooting. Please send me a PM with your phone or account number. Thank you!

3. secretservices

Oct 29, 2006
    The tech just left from checking my Joeys DVR functions. He could not fix it...passed on to tech support.
    Can anybody tell me if they can do Frame by Frame on the Joey DVR?
    Thanks!

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    What button are you using the advance/reverse?

Frame-by-frame backwards is probably not going to work very well.

5. secretservices

Oct 29, 2006
    I'm hitting Pause...then Skip/forward....just starts play again. My hopper functions correctly...two Joeys do not.

6. ZBoomer

ZBoomer Icon

Feb 21, 2008
    If you are live TV, you cannot hit pause, the slow forward immediately. It will always go to live TV if you don't pause long enough to build up a buffer 5-6 seconds long at least.

I always hit skip back once, to get a 10 second buffer, then pause and slow forward. It's been that way a long time, even on my 922. Give that a try...

I just tried this on a Joey, and it worked perfectly. Skip back once, pause, fwd, it went straight to perfect 1/15 slo mo.

You did seem to have found a bug with frame forward though. If I hit frame forward from pause on my Joey, it starts playing again. I'd post this in the firmware topics.

7. secretservices

Oct 29, 2006
    Thanks for the confirmation on the frame to frame not working.