1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Joey Guide

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by depoteet, Jun 29, 2012.

1. depoteet

depoteet Cool Member

May 24, 2006
    Is there a way to view existing channel guides that have already been created on the Hopper on a Joey? Or must they be created again on each Joey?

2. komondor

komondor Mentor

Jul 23, 2011
    Near as I can tell you have to redo it for each which is a real pain in the ass

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I don't get it.

H2k (server) keep on own drive all EPG records (say database), when user press Guide button the data converting to human readable format and presented by grid or on separate window as an particular channel's info.
    Such request can come from a client(s) - Js.
    As INDEPENDENT and will be process by the client separately by own CPU in own RAM.

Now back to OP's question - what you are asking ?

4. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    I think he's asking if you can create a Favorites list on the Hopper and then use it on a Joey.

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    I have not tried a backup to remote and restore to another room.

Channel locks can be copied between Hoppers and Joeys in the menu system. It would be nice to have shared or copyable favorites lists as well (beyond the built in lists).

6. moman19

moman19 Icon

Oct 22, 2004
    That's what I thought but I find that whatever channel lists I build in the Hopper via Parental controls, do not copy to the Joeys even when I copy the blocked channels to the respective Joeys via the menu prompt. Am I doing something wrong? Both Joeys are wide open even though they are locked.

7. depoteet

depoteet Cool Member

May 24, 2006
    I was asking about the ability to copy or access a custom channel list created on the Hopper for use on a Joey. It's not difficult to create a new list, but it would be a nice feature.