1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Joey List Problems

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Wildman63, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Wildman63

Wildman63 Mentor

Dec 23, 2006
    I am a new Hopper/Joey user but a long-time Dish customer. Have used Favorites Lists on previous Dish boxes. I set up two favorites lists on our Joey, List 1 for regular programs ("Pat List") and List 2 ("Movies") for movies channels. Everything worked fine till tonight.

Tonight my wife fired up the Joey and her list ("Pat List") didn't bear any resemblance to what I had set up yesterday. In fact it appeared to have ALL the channels in it. I cleared all the entries ("Deselect All") and re-entered all the desired channels. When saved, Pat List (AKA List 1) showed several sports and hockey Center Ice channels I had not ever selected. I tried to edit them out, but they refused to go away.

I pulled the plug on the Joey and left it unplugged for about ten minutes. I Deselected All again from "Pat List" then re-entered the desired channels... the same unwanted channels were back after saving the results.

I tried to change the list name and Deselect All again but the list wouldn't change.

Meanwhile I used List 3 as a replacement for List 1 and it looks OK. My List 2 ("Movies") survived the whole episode and so far List 3 ("Pat") seems to work OK.

Any ideas?:nono2::(

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    dish want you see more in top lists ;) so only at bottom you can hide your real favorites untouched ;)

3. Wildman63

Wildman63 Mentor

Dec 23, 2006
    This morning I was able to delete the errant favorite list and its contents. The whole problem might have been induced by a nightly update that was corrupted then fixed when the update occurred last night. Is a puzzlement.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    "nightly update" of what ? If you mean FW, then not too many got new S2.78

5. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Ill just be happy when they fix the favorite list memory. I lose channels off it daily. Please fix this dish network!!