1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Joey phone interference

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by dbconsultant, Dec 20, 2013.

1. dbconsultant

dbconsultant Hall Of Fame

Sep 13, 2005
    Temecula, CA
    We have a hopper in the living room connected to wifi. In our home office, we have a joey. After we got the hopper/joey, we noticed that we were having phone problems in the office. Mostly cell phone problems with dropped calls, interference, etc. When working from home, I would have to walk all the way down our driveway to avoid problems with the cell. This happens even when the joey and tv are not on. My husband says he is also having problems with the landline in the office. When I was working from home yesterday, I tried an experiment. We have the joey and tv plugged into a surge protector. I turned off the power at the surge protector to totally shut down the joey and, voila!, I was able to talk on my cell phone and not drop calls and not have interference. When I powered the joey back up, I experienced the same interference as before.

Anyone else experiencing this? It's pretty annoying to have to do a hard shutdown to make or receive a cell call in the office. We have no problems in the living room, just back in the office.

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Have you tried replacing the Joey as a defective unit.

3. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Have you tried another surge protector? What about leaving the surge protector powered on and unplugging the Joey from the surge protector? I would narrow down the culprit a little more before replacing things.