1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Joey stuck with Grey Bars on SD Channels

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by riceboyler, Sep 5, 2013.

1. riceboyler

riceboyler Cool Member

Nov 2, 2005
    I have a Hopper w/ Sling and 1 Joey, and the problem is isolated to the Joey.

I can change the Format on the Joey on any HD channels between the various Zooms/Stretch/Grey Bars, but on SD channels it is stuck on Grey Bars and will not change, no matter what I do with the remote. Am I missing something, or does this seem like a glitch?

Like I stated above, this happens ONLY with the Joey, the Hopper will change between formats on SD channels with problems. Any suggestions to cure my ignorance would be appreciated.

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Its a bug that they know about and are fixing. I believe I read on another forum somewhere that its being fixed in the next update.

3. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    On my TV there scan option to chance the screen viewing size. Maybe others do as well.

4. riceboyler

riceboyler Cool Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Thanks some guy.

(Yeah, that didn't feel weird to write... :))

5. foghorn2

foghorn2 AllStar

Jun 17, 2006
    Funny I cant get my OTA with the grey bars. I have a new plasma and WANT the grey bars. Hope they fix it soon.