1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Joey UHF Remote

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by tommiet, Mar 27, 2012.

1. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    Anyway to extend the range of the UHF remote for a Joey? I mirror my TV and need to use the UHF remote in another room.

2. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    I was wondering that too.

3. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Don't think so since the antenna is internal. I'd switch to IR and get an RF solution or IR repeater like power mid. Next Gen is probably the cleanest. Or mirror the Hopper instead of the Joey since it has much better range.

4. tcatdbs

tcatdbs Icon

Jul 10, 2008
    Has anyone measure the range of these remotes? Number of walls they will pass through?

5. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Too many variables there to give a specific number of feet (angles, floors, furniture, material types and densities, reflections, 2.4GHz interference). But I can tell you range to a Hopper is better than it was on a 722k. Range to a Joey is likely worse due to the small internal antenna. You should see a similar SNR profile to that of wireless G in the same environment. If you want to do an analysis, HERE's a good document with some of the relevant equations. I prefer the try it and see approach myself.