1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Joeys freezing up

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by pjmystic, Mar 24, 2014.

1. pjmystic

pjmystic Mentor

Nov 15, 2007
    Several months ago I had 2 Hoppers w/ sling and 3 Joeys installed. Everything has worked fine until a week ago. Now all 3 Joeys will often freeze up. A restart will fix the issue temporarily but it keeps coming back. Before a week ago it had never happened.

I plan on calling Dish after work tonight but was wondering if there was something I might be missing that would make it an easy fix.

Thank you

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    If you read the forums especially satelliteguys this seems to be associated with bridging on internet connections.

3. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    You probably have both Hoppers IP connected. Limit the IP connection to 1 Hopper and enable bridging on that Hopper. Remove the IP connection from the second Hopper and the problem should stop.