1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Julian Assange extradition news coverage

Discussion in 'The OT' started by AntAltMike, Jun 24, 2012.

1. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I've been watching RT (formerly, Russia Today) a lot recently and I'd say that their coverage of the Julian Assange extradition efforts might be their third most reported story, behind the world banking crisis and the Syrian civil unrest, but I don't see it getting much coverage elsewhere. Today, I will look at the Sunday NYT and Washington Post to see how much coverage and what positioning they give it, but that probably won't be representative of the daily national coverage of the subject.

Can anyone who gets their daily news from network TV tell me whether day-to-day developments of that story make it into the 22 minute, nationally televised "news holes" or into their regularly, daily news source?

2. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    I haven't seen any mention of it other than the Ecuador issue. But that's only from the web. I don't watch the nightly network opinion pieces that used to be called news.

3. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Russia Today is fun to listen to. They use the Fox News format of having a bunch of glib people insult people they don't like, usually capitalists. They keep running the video of Bob Beckel saying we should illegally assassinate Assange, and then they have these man/woman-in-the-street clips of concerned citizens saying that they have to stop extradition to the United States because, "...they waterboard people there and torture them to get them to say whatever they want." Honest.