1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Just a Friendly Reminder. Lehigh vs Florida A&M first game of NCAA

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Msguy, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Msguy

Msguy Hall Of Fame

May 22, 2003
    Just a Friendly Reminder that the first game of the 2004 NCAA Tournament between Lehigh and Florida A&M will air on ESPN From Columbus, Ohio on Tuesday Night March 16th and the winner will advance on to face #1 overall seed in the Tournament the Kentucky Wildcats.

2. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    This game, the annual extra affair where the two lowest teams play an extra game just to really get in the tournament, brings up my belief that the NCAA needs to raise its standards for Div I in basketball, just as it has for I-A in football.

Many "mid-major" and even "small" conferences are great, but there are about 5 conferences at the very bottom that are just kidding themselves. They should be in Div II and do well there.