1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Curious?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by tuckerdog, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuckerdog

tuckerdog Legend

Sep 22, 2007
    First thanks to everyone for all the helpful information that is made available on this site.

I do have a question. Since TNTHD on channel 75 is the mirrored version of 245HD or visa versa, why is it that the guide descriptions for the channels are different for the same show at the same time?..It is not that they describe different shows, but rather that they describe the same show differently:confused:

Just curious. Thanks in advance
    Michael

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    How are they different?

My guess is that the 245 is duplicating the information between the two... and 75 is a distinct channel listing... (since 245 is classified as a simulcast)

It could also be that 75 is formatted in a way so that all the older HD equipment can understand the guide data (any limitations they may have),
    Where 245 is only visible on the H20/21 HR20/21 series can handle more/different format.

3. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Earl,

I saw something even stranger the other night. Channel 42 WXEL (Palm Beach PBS) was showing different programs (and had different guide data) for it's OTA channels and the DirecTV delivered channel. The show on DirecTV didn't match anything on any of the WXEL subs.

Which led me to the ask...

How they do that? :)

4. tuckerdog

tuckerdog Legend

Sep 22, 2007
    I didn't mean the picture is different

It is just the guide data in the descriptive heading that is different

For example on ER one says "man attacks hospital with tank" on 245. On 75 it say " A psychotic patient threatens the hospital with a stolen army tank Dr kovac's French friend visits. ER staffer has a heart attack"

Again just curious
    Michael

5. Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006
    I really hope they get these moved over to D10 (103) sooner than later. Here it is November (tomorrow) and I still have leaves causing no 110 or 119.

Sucks

6. tuckerdog

tuckerdog Legend

Sep 22, 2007
    Are they waiting for D11's launch, or is the move indepent of D11?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.