1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Just experienced my first Hopper malfunction - EHD

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by JimD, Jul 27, 2013.

1. JimD

JimD Legend

Apr 8, 2005
    Was watching a program while recording another. Decided to watch a recording from the EHD. There was no EHD listed. ?!?!?!

So I removed power from the EHD and a popup requester appeared saying that I had disconnected a USB device. I reapplied power to the EHD and discovered that I was unable to clear the outstanding popup. The video had frozen, and then suddenly went black, and the "starting up" screen appeared.

This is the first issue I've had since my installation a couple of weeks (18 days) ago.

2. FarmerBob

FarmerBob Godfather

Nov 27, 2002
    I had the same identical problem on my 722 (non-k). I've given up in their EHD concept. Too many idiosyncrasies and problems. Plus the drive runs all the time. That's not good for a drive.