1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just got Dish Network hooked up and it is Amazing….. My VIP722 is AWESOME

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by oldschoolecw, Jan 8, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Jan 8, 2011 #1 of 11
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    After 12 years with DirecTV then dropping them a few months back and having gone with the Comcast triple play for the few months which is/was worse then having teeth pulled, I have seen the light of Dish Network. I love this DVR it is the balls, my only question with limited time at the moment is why are there so many mirrored channels that go up to the 9000 numbers? I will be asking for more info on my new VIP722 in the coming days but wanted to say how much I like what I’ve seen so far from Dish and it’s installer.

Now I have to get back to watching the game on NBC and setting up my season recordings:)

2. Jan 8, 2011 #2 of 11
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Another question....

How many Dish season Passes can you have on your unit and why do some say 1 and others 2? How does it assign them?

3. Jan 8, 2011 #3 of 11
    Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Welcome to the world of Dish Network...

You probably would be well served by reading the manual that came with your receiver AND browsing our Dish forums here, as likely many of your questions will be answered more quickly that way.

Most of the Dish HD channels are in the 9xxx range (there are a few exceptions)... but also have mapdowns to their SD-channel counterpart. So if you disable mapdowns, you tune to the 9xxx HD channel OR you enable mapdowns and can have the HD channel right next to the SD version.

Likely those 1 and 2 indicators by your dish pass timers indicate which tuner it is scheduled to fire on.

With a 722 you have 2 SAT tuners + 1 OTA tuner... and the receiver indicates which tuner will be used for a particular timer on the schedule.

4. Jan 8, 2011 #4 of 11
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Thanks, this is truly a "Major event like feeling I'm getting from experiencing Dish Network for the 1st time" I truly wish I made this move years ago:)

5. Jan 8, 2011 #5 of 11
    mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    A Dish season pass may not be what you think it is. HERE's a good description. It sounds like a normal timer for all or new episodes may be what you want versus a dynamic query like a season pass. Next time you do a timer, pick Dish Pass and then read the help to make sure that's really what you want. I'm not aware of any limit.

6. Jan 8, 2011 #6 of 11
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    You're right, that is what I was looking for
    Thank you

7. Jan 8, 2011 #7 of 11
    RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Westinghouse LVM42!! I love mine. It was a bargain back in the day. Two DVIs are still a huge help.

8. Jan 9, 2011 #8 of 11
    oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    The only problem with my Westinghouse LVM42 is a banding issue, it's been there for years

9. Jan 9, 2011 #9 of 11
    BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    The limit on timers is 96, or 576 potential recording events (including skipped), whichever comes first. The Daily Schedule will show the events, go to the Timers button to see timers in priority order. Timers for programs with single airings such as network TV should be moved above those that will be replayed such as on Disney, MTV, TBS, etc.

10. studdad

studdad Icon

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm right with you. Just dropped D* over the weekend when I found out they dropped my Fox channel, as well as others. My new Dish setup comes on Wednesday. Can't wait.

11. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    I can not believe how AWESOME my experience has been so far with Dish, a few days ago they gave me 3 free PPV movies of my choice up to $6.99 for signing up with Dish, I did not expect them but there in my e-mail they gave me coupon codes to order on-line. Then today I get an e-mail saying I have a 4th free PPV because I have my VIP722 Networked and plugged into my home phone. :)

Thank you Dish Network, tomorrow will be a real test of my Dish 1000.4 with heavy snow hitting my area, it will be a true test, which always knocked out my DirecTV, I will keep you posted on how well the 1000.4 handles under tremendous weather.