1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Just got my 501!

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by andrzejpw, Apr 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrzejpw

andrzejpw AllStar

Apr 23, 2002
    Well, I just got it today! Installer came by, etc. So far, everything is great! I've recorded stuff, etc. So far, its been great(wait, see my other thread about hum).

Problem is, I just saw Tivo at my friend's house yesterday. :) :shrug:

Now, I really like the 501, but tivo just seemed more refined.

Oh yeah, one thing i LOVE! NO MORE downloading program guide messages! yAHOO.

2. Guest

I have had my 501 for about a week now.

It has changed the way we watch TV!!!!!

Going from my old 3000 to the 501 is night and day.

Your right the guide is instant.

Is TIVO a $120.00 a year better than the 501?
    I have not used the TIVO product, So don't take the question as a slam on TIVO.

3. BrettR

BrettR Legend

Apr 24, 2002
    Lifetime TiVo service $249, with cost of box - $99(even cheaper some places), totalling $350. Not much difference than cost of 501 unit. If TiVo didnt have lifetime, then it would be different story. However TiVo units are pretty stable, and DirecTiVo has dual tuners, so for some worth the expense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.