1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just have DirecTV for MLBEI...better way to package this?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by msalvail, Mar 20, 2009.

1. msalvail

msalvail Legend

Sep 19, 2003
    Hi Everyone. We subscribe to DirectTV for 6 months out of the year in order to get the MLB Extra Innings package. The way I have been doing this is:

FAMILY Monthly 29.99
    HD Access Monthly 9.99
    MLB EXTRA INNINGS Regular Season in 4 Payments 49.75
    DIRECTV DVR Service Monthly 5.99
    07/08 Leased Receiver 4.99
    07/08 Primary Leased Receiver 4.99

I am sort of aggravated that the MLB network is not included in the MLBEI package and that it isn't in the family package either. I can't see upgrading to the 55.99 package just to get that, though.

I read somewhere that the HD MLB is included in the basic price of MLBEI. Is that true? Does that mean I could drop the HD Access for 9.99 and still get the baseball games in HD?

THanks in advance! :)

Mary

2. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    No, you will still need the HD Access package but it is true that MLBEI no longer has the Superfan package and that HD is combined.

3. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    That's about the cheapest way you can do it without switching to D* full time.

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    Also note you should see a credit for the primary leased receiver. You only see a charge for it so your state can charge tax on it (if they do) and then DirecTV will credit it right back since the primary receiver is "free".

Just curious but what is your primary provider (cable, Dish, etc) and what do they have that saves you enough money to just do DirecTV part time like this?

5. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    Yes it is My cable co want just about the same as Direct TV HD DVR pack for and you get no HD or DVR with it need to pay more for the HD or HD DVR box and you also need to get the sports pack to get some of the channels that are in the HD DVR pack.

Also direct has lower prices to add a box after the first one and NO outlets fees on top of that.

6. redram38

redram38 Icon

Dec 6, 2005
    Millington Tn
    Yep Comcast is outrageous the way they eat you up on fees. If I wanted to add a 2nd HD DVR it was going to cost me 15.95 for the reciever, 7.95 for the extra outlet and I think they said another 7.95 for the DVR or HD fee on that receiver for a total of 31.85 just to add a freaking Box. I unhooked the HD DVR I had and took it back and canceled service all together. I only got it because they gave it to me for 40.00 off for 6 mths. I would never cancel DTV for comcast. If I had comcast with all I have from DTV my bill would be about 200.00 more a mth. Amazing that they get away with this or even stay in business.