1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

just ordered a 622(not a lease)

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by suzook, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzook

suzook Cool Member

Feb 1, 2006
    Well, after many attempts, i was able to buy my 622. It will cost me $748. I currently dont have dish, but i did about 3 yrs ago. What the csr did, was activated my old account, so they could give me the 622 for $748. This sounds strange, but whatever. Originaly the csr said they would ship it to me, but then closer to the end of call, she said an installer would have to install it. I was hoping they would just ship it, but if the installer wants to mount new dishes and cables, he might as well. The question i have is, i have heard that i might be able to only order only the hd channels, and not the sd channels. I would love it if i could. I dont want to pay for sd, i currently have cable for that. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks for any input.

2. arundc

arundc AllStar

Jan 13, 2006
    Something tells me No. You could do the reverse i.e. have SD channels only and no HD channels - in that case it makes no sense to pay and upgrade to the 622.

I upgraded to the 622 from a 5xx (forget the exact # :)) single tuner SD DVR. Dish has been good to me since 8/2000.

3. thecodeman

thecodeman Mentor

Jan 30, 2006
    I thought the new channel packaging allowed you to get just the HD channels for around $55/mo ?

4. IowaStateFan

IowaStateFan Godfather

Jan 11, 2006
    There is an DishHD (HD Standalone) pack listed on Dish's website for $29.99. I found it by logging into my account and going to the HD programming upgrade page.

5. arundc

arundc AllStar

Jan 13, 2006
    I stand corrected. You are right...you can have just the HD channels but I think you have to pay a $5 fee for not having the SD channels. The $29.99 may just include it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.