1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just ordered Hopper - replacing 922

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by insimbi, Jul 17, 2012.

1. insimbi

insimbi AllStar

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm on my 2nd 922 and it's freezing constantly. Being fed up with it, I called Dish this morning and upgraded to the Hopper (another 24-month contract).

Did I make the right decision? I really want HD on the other 2 TV's I have - not just the main family room one. So that's what is appealing to me. But, I want to make sure I didn't make a mistake. The Hopper has the same interface as the 922 I believe - so it should look the same (guide, logos, etc).

The installer is scheduled to come out tomorrow. I hope I made the right decision???

:confused:

2. insimbi

insimbi AllStar

Jun 2, 2006
    One more thing, will I be able to keep my current dish on the roof, or do the need to replace that for some reason? It's the newer black dish.

3. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    no dish change required.

4. 3HaloODST

3HaloODST Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    You have made the right decision but you'll need 2 Joeys to go along with that Hopper if you want a 2nd and 3rd TV.

5. crabtrp

crabtrp Legend

Sep 23, 2006
    My hopper & Joey setup > my old 922 by a long way.

6. insimbi

insimbi AllStar

Jun 2, 2006
    Thanks guys. I just had a Hopper and 2 Joey's installed today - install went great. Is it normal to pay $7 per Joey? I thought the first one was free, and any additional were $7? Am I wrong?

7. strikes2k

strikes2k AllStar

Dec 9, 2008
    I believe the first hopper is free and every additional device, joey or hopper, is $7.