1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just switched to Dish. No Hopper...... Very Sad

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Cridlon, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Cridlon

Cridlon New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    I switched to Dish Jan 26th. I had Direct with whole house DVR. That was the biggest hurdle for me switching. No one even said anything about the Hoppers coming when I asked about whole house DVR. I would have waited a month to sign up to get the Hopper. I called Dish and was told I could only buy a Hopper for $400. Is there really no way they could help me out by changing my equipment? I really don't want to wait 2 years until I can get new equipment. Has anyone had this happen?

Clif

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    So the grass isn't greener.

3. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    get in touch with one of the dish guys here

4. Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus Icon

Jul 29, 2011
    Theres not much else there going to be able to do about it.
    In order to get the upgrade free or at reduced cost you need to qualify for a Dishn it up (DIU), theres no way a customer who signed up in January will qualify for the full freebie or discounted price.

@OP, you dont have to wait two years. Just maintain a decent package and pay your bills on time and you should be able to DIU towards the end of your first year with Dish.
    Aside from that your only options will be to outright purchase it.

5. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    There was no release date on January 28th, it hadn't even been fully finished then. They would have had no date to give you or any real details. I would have stayed with Direct TV if whole house is that important to be honest. Otherwise the reasons you switched are still valid, if it was for more HD networks or whatever. Enjoy them and get the whole home when you can.

6. Cridlon

Cridlon New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Cost was the big reason for switching. Oh well, such as life. Not that I'm all that upset, just wondering if they were working with people with my situation.

Clif

7. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...

For me the grass is very green here!.;):D

8. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    And for me even greener. ;) :D

9. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    +1. I did and he worked it out, Ray C. is with the Social Media team from Dish, get in touch. Ray C@DISH Network