1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this before?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Michael D'Angelo, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    The Orioles/Rangers game was rained out tonight. So I was flipping through the guide to find something to watch. When I got to MASN (my RSN) which is the channel the game was suppose to be on the guide now says "Rangers @ Orioles-Rain Out". It is the first time I have seen the guide update like that and am kind of surprised by it. So I am just wondering if anyone else has ever seen this.

2. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I haven't seen that before. The opportunity doesn't arise that often. BUt none the less i haven't.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Ok thanks for the reply.

The reason I ask is because I wonder if there is a way to update the guide for when things run over.

4. Koz

Koz Icon

Sep 16, 2006
    That's exactly what I was thinking after I read your first post. I imagine a day when live events are recorded to the exact proper length every time. That would be awesome.

And no, I haven't seen the guide be updated for rain-outs or other similar events. Very cool, though.

5. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I have seen that on and off since I got DirecTV back in 95. It was done religiously on the EI channels back in the day.

They do have a way to update the guide data (watch closely on an HR10 and you see overlay data when the guide is painted the first time very often).

The issues with program overruns:

- Unless it is automated from the source, that is a lot of data to (mis)manage.
    - I don't know if the updates would update the end time of your recordings. That depends on what they actually trigger in the box(es).

6. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    Yes, I've seen it, albeit rarely. Generally in cases where the game was called off well in advance.

7. Koz

Koz Icon

Sep 16, 2006
    They are somehow able to flip the switch fairly quickly when a game ends on Sunday Ticket or Extra Innings. The D* logo and elevator music comes on shortly after the game ends. But my DVR will continue to record it. Would be nice if the DVR would get the signal to stop recording. Is it high on my list? No, but would be nice in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.