1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justified, so far this season...

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by jeffshoaf, Feb 10, 2012.

1. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    I was watching the latest episode earlier this week and during one of the show's many "showdown" scenes,
    when Raylen ran over the prison guard (well, ran under then over) I realized that although there's been plenty of shootings this season, I don't recall Raylen shooting anyone so far this season. Big change from last season!

Did I miss something?

2. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    I don't think you've missed a thing. But this season I had a bit of a problem getting back into it. Things just didn't seem to flow well at first. Of course it's only the beginning of the season and the new story has to be developed. But I do miss Mags. :lol:

3. sshams95

sshams95 Legend

Sep 2, 2006
    didnt season opener show that he had shooting accuracy issues? perhaps thats why

4. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    That's a good point.

5. Sixto

Sixto Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I just figured that he didn't have enough time to get out of the car, and he's not left handed.

6. Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68 Godfather

Oct 14, 2004
    Northern...
    Actually if memory serves, it was like 8 episodes into season 2 before Raylen shot anyone, he was always in a situation where someone else killed the perp, unlike season 1 where he killed someone in every episode.

I am also having a tougher time getting into it this season for some reason.

7. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I also agree. When they started the season, it almost felt like a new series premier. I couldn't even really figure out what it had to do with last season. What stories carried over, and how?

All the different plot lines don't seem to have much to do with each other and Walton's character seems to change 180 degrees each season. He used to be a tortured bad guy. Someone we could root for even though he was breaking the law. Now, he seems just bad again.

8. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    There's a thread to the other seasons. You have the mob boss that Ralen's ex-wife's ex-husband had dealt with causing bigger problems, plus you have the Dickie Bennett still causing problems as well. And of course, you have Walton's character scheming one way or another.

- Merg

9. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    I realize the characters are still there and overlap, it just seems disjointed and not cohesive.

10. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    OK, the drought is over.

11. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    :thats:

12. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    "You mean to say that I still have my four kidneys" almost die laughing.

13. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    "I was just as surprised as she was."

!rolling

BTW, that was Maggie Lawson from Psych. Dang she looks good in scrubs. :)

- Merg

14. jeffshoaf

jeffshoaf Icon

Jun 17, 2006
    Yep, she's just as cute as a bucket full of puppies! ;)

15. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    Did I miss an episode or something? Or is continuity a problem this season? I recall Winona and Raylan getting or at least looking at a new house. Then the next episode I saw Winona was gone and Raylan finally tracked her down to her sisters.
    I thought she was not coming back for a while and then this week there she is.

16. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    You didn't miss anything.
    She was back because they killed off her second hubby.