1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kansas City not in any NBA team viewing area

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by lwilli201, Nov 25, 2009.

1. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    As far as I can see, Kansas city is not in any NBA team viewing area. Parts of Kansas gets the OKC NBA team.

Would some one please explain why. :confused:

2. coldsteel

coldsteel Hall Of Fame

Mar 29, 2007
    Um... Middle of nowhere?

3. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    Could say that, but we have a semi pro football and baseball team, Chiefs and Royals. :lol:

4. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    Is that a good thing, no blackouts maybe?

Or a bad thing, no games on RSN?

You're welcome to drive down to OKC and see a game live at the Ford Center. :)

5. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Whats your local RSN? You should get at least one teams games if you have a local RSN at least I would think so. Whats your zip?

6. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    The KC RSN on Directv is a part time channel, FSKC on Channels 672 and 672-1. About the only time FSKC is on is during Royals baseball and an occasional K State football game. FSMW is the full time feed for my area and I get the St Louis Blues games. FSMW is split up into many areas. There is an Indiana Pacers area, the Minnesota T'Wolves area and I believe they show some OKC NBA team games in parts of Kansas. But nothing in Kansas City. How will there every be in any interest in getting a team here if the NBA does not showcase the league here.

7. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    My best guess would be to email the NBA and let them know that your RSN does not provide you any NBA games even if you sub to the sports pack and see what they say. You should get games on the NBA channel alot though and Bulls games on WGN.

8. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    I did that yesterday, but no answer yet. Holidays. If I get a non canned answer, I will be supprised.

Even a bad team would be better than none. :lol:

UPDATE: 5 months and still no answer. They are just to big to care.