1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keep loosing one HR-22 on whole home video

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by captgadget, May 26, 2012.

1. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    OK, I have 2 HR-22s & 1 HR-24 on whole home video. The one HR-22 keeps dropping out. I reset it but it will drop shortly after wards or it might be a few hours or maybe a month. Any idea what I need to do fix this?

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Are you on a fully supported setup using DECA, or are you using your home network and perhaps wireless?

3. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    I have a bridge running through a decca.

4. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    losing

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    A wireless bridge? Could you please be a little more specific.

6. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    I don't know what you want to know. With the bridge and the decca & running by coax through the swm I have the internet on all 3 receivers. but that should not make any difference as far as whv. The whv should be independent of the internet as I understand things.

7. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    HR-22 Living Rm
    HR-22 Office
    HR-24 Bedroom
    I just reset the living room by unplugging. So it started up and going through that process it sees the office & the bedroom. Start watching a recording from the office & about 5 minutes later the office & bedroom are gone. I check the office and it finds only the bedroom. Check the bedroom & it finds the office. Blows my mind.

8. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Check the DECA LEDs on the living room HR22 and make sure there are three green lights.

9. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    All 3 lights are lit & the one labeled ntwk flashes.

10. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    I had a problem with my 22. I turned off the power saver thing on it (it was set to on) and have not had a drop since. Just a suggestion.

11. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    Well, that didn't work either. I even did a card pull.

12. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    And are they green or is one yellow?

13. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    Green

14. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    So the easy stuff is working.
    This might be coming from your router.
    You could remove the connection to your router, reboot all the receivers so they change to their internal IP [169.xxx], and then see if the problem changes.
    If it does, then it's pointing to the router.
    If it doesn't, then it's looking like the receiver.

15. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    Veryoldschool, the router never did anything. It appears the culprit was my running the HDMI through my Onkyo HT-RC230 receiver & the HT-RC230 to the Sony TV. I routed the HR-22 directly to the Sony TV and the digital optical cable from the HR-22 to the Onkyo. It has been connected all afternoon, which is the best connection I've had for a long time.

Thank you to everyone for your help.

16. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    I'm glad you got it working, though what you did had nothing to do with the MRV/whole home functions/features.

17. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    ??? As VOS said, how you have the A/V signal connected should have zero bearing on the units network connectivity. I hope you don't have any more issues, but if its fixed now its purely a coincidence.

18. FredZ

FredZ Mentor

Aug 22, 2007
    I have a similar problem where my HR21 drops out from the whole-home playlist. I have an HR34, HR21, and 2 H21s. Last week I could watch programs from either DVR. Now, when I bring up the list from either H21 or the HR34, it only sees the programs from the HR34 - the HR21 programs are not there. If I bring up the list on the HR21, it has programs from both playlists. I checked the whole-home settings on the HR21 and it is still setup correctly. I tried re-booting the HR21, I also tried turning the whole-home off and back on, but neither fixed the problem. I know the internet connection to the HR21 is still working because I can bring up apps like scoreguide and I can see it's playlist from my ipad. Nothing has changed frrom last week (no new software); what else can I do?

19. El Vato

El Vato Cool Member

Oct 17, 2010
    I had this same problem with an HR23-700. It kept dropping out of the WHDVR cloud. I called D* tech support and they had me run a self test. Turns out that the hard drive was starting to go out (14 error). Tech came out and replaced the DVR.

Recommend you run a receiver self test and see what comes up.

20. captgadget

captgadget AllStar

Sep 7, 2010
    I know my fix sounds weird, but we are now into day 4 & everything is working just great. The only other thing I can share is that with the D* receiver plugged into the Onkyo receivers that when you fire the system up you will have a picture & audio & a few seconds later everything is gone & you'll hear the receiver reboot. I'm wondering if that's what causes the one receiver to drop the whv.