1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

KFOR Ch. 4 OKC

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by markrubi, Dec 6, 2012.

1. markrubi

markrubi Icon

Oct 12, 2006
    Anyone else having issues with pixelation or brief audio/video freezes? I have an hr24 that is doing this. I was watching buffered video earlier and did the same on another HR21 same buffered content and it was only on the one dvr. Watching Koco it hasn't done it yet. I'm trying to determine if its a local channel issue or dvr.

2. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    OTA or LiL?
    A few minutes of each looks okay so far.

3. markrubi

markrubi Icon

Oct 12, 2006
    LiL. I have another hr24 it seems fine on KFOR. The one with problems has about 12% free. I'm thinkings it's this one dvr. I'm going to reboot it see if that helps.

4. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    Been monitoring both OTA & LiL and no problems.
    Good luck with your DVR.

5. SomeRandomIdiot

SomeRandomIdiot Godfather

Jan 6, 2009
    Cannot speak for the HR24, but for the earlier HR2x series, when a Hard Drive has single digits free you certainly get into the conditions you describe. It would not surprise me if you see some of this at 12% on any HR2x unit.

The fact that you see it on one unit and not the other confirms it.

I ran dual recordings for a period of time with units of single digit free space and 90% free units. When I hit a spot with freezes, I checked the same on the 90% free units - and they were fine.

After seeing this for myself multiple times, I changed my configuration around to alleviate the issue.