1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Kindle Keyboard Replacement Screen

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Mark Holtz, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    My mothers well-loved Kindle Keyboard (Kindle 3) has just started developing issues. Looking at the YouTube video, it appears to be fairly easy to replace the screen. I might as well replace the battery at the same thing. Anyone know of any good sources for screens?

2. wingrider01

wingrider01 Hall Of Fame

Sep 9, 2005
    would be interested also for battery, mine just died and will not charge anymore:(

3. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    I was going to suggest just picking up a new one but it appears Amazon quit selling the keyboard model. :shrug:

4. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
  5. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    I saw that the cost of the screen was $41. I always went by the rule of thumb that if the repair was going to cost 50% or more of a new one, JUNK IT. A new basic Kindle is $69. The newest type (PaperWhite) is $119. The kybd is nice, but I don't use it that much that I could not get used to the on-screen controls.