1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"King" on Reelz

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Steve, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I'm not a Rizzoli and Isles fan myself, but those who are might be interested in King, a Canadian series premiering tonight on Reelz. (Channel 238, 10PM EDT) Looks like the show originally aired north of the border in 2011.

"The show’s creators [...] appear to be trying for something that has the breezy jokiness of the summer crime dramas on TNT and USA but with a little more substance and grit. They make a good-faith effort to avoid one-dimensional characters and pat, sentimental conclusions, and “King” is slightly wittier and more interesting than shows like “White Collar” or “Rizzoli & Isles.” That isn’t saying a whole lot, though, and the final result is just about as formulaic as those American counterparts. [more]"

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    I'll give it a try... Just saw this today and see that they are not re-airing the first episode though.

- Merg

3. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon DBSTalk Club

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Not available (yet?) via Reels On-Demand on D*. D* search for 'king' didn't find it. Advancing guide ahead to next Fri at 10pm DID show it.

4. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    It was sort of cliched, but I enjoyed it as summer fare. Same as Rookie Blue.

5. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Yep, quite good summer fare. I enjoyed it too!

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    This is a good find for Reelz. I'm hooked.

7. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Just finishing watching. Give it two thumbs up.

8. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Does D* not have Reelz in HD?

9. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I was wondering the same.

I watched the show and enjoyed it as well.