1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

KISS Scraps Rock HoF Performance over Dispute between Original and Current Lineup

Discussion in 'The OT' started by Dude111, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Kinda sad......... I think they should play thier ORIGINAL LINEUP! (Much better I think)

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/02/23/kiss-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-performance-canceled-after-disp/20836193

2. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I rather see them with Peter Criss and Ace Frehley also.

3. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I remember they had some kind of problem getting the various members of Blondie to coordinate with one another.

Back in I think 1995 I interviewed for a job as project manager for the electronics display systems at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I was replying to a classified ad in the Sunday Washington Post, and my resume was probably the first one in. Someone called me early Monday morning and sounded like he was ready to adopt me, but when I arrived for my interview two days later, he looked at the same resume that he had gushed over and basically said, "What in hell are you doing here, interviewing for this job?" I at first guessed that this was one of those "stress" interviews where the interviewer is trying to see how the candidate deals with hostility, so I alternated between acting like I didn't notice the demeaning and hostile nature of his interrogation, to defending myself, and finally, counterpunching, but none of that did any good. I remembered a decade earlier being told that if it didn't take much for someone to fall in love with you, it won't take much for them to fall out of love with you.

A couple of years later, the person who had beat me out for that job wrote an article about it that was published in one of the trade journals I used to get. She did a sucky job writing the article. Still, I have to wonder how this gigantic A/V engineering company, that boasts a list of project credits including the Smithsonian and the Holocaust museum, would choose to hire this job out rather than having it managed in-house. I do business with another large company in this market, Washington, DC, and they sometimes give prestigious jobs to certain people to pander to the interests of others while those hirees really do nothing other than putting their name on letterheads. I'm sure that being the person representing a company at a glittery ribbon cutting is worth something to someone. I suspect that the entire project was really managed and engineered in-house.

4. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    The way the Eagles handled it worked pretty good, they just invited anyone who was ever in the band to show up for their induction.

5. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    Hippies can do that. Peace.

6. tsmacro

tsmacro Hall Of Fame

Apr 28, 2005
    East...
    Well there was some tension as Don Felder always resented the "alpha male" status of Glen Frey and Don Henley which lead to their breakup in 1980 and then them kicking him out of the band in 2001 but at the time of induction (1998) he was still officially in the band.

7. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    Just my funny midwest way of thinking about stuff, but I would have just figured HoF management would have had a policy since day one to invite everybody who was ever in a band if recognized for some such accolade, and whom ever shows up fine, and whomever doesn't, well TS.

I think this would be a corollary of 'Lander's Law'.

:righton:

8. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Ann?

9. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    I don't think it is about who gets to show up, but instead who gets to perform live. Since they can't agree, there will be no performance.

Like others, for KISS is Gene, Paul, Ace and Peter. Maybe Eric after Peter left, but only because he chose to adopt a new persona (The Fox) as opposed to just taking on Chriss's "CAT" like future members did. But even with him, they continued to go downhill.