1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Known issue? Selecting "Info & Test" Locks up

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by trdrjeff, Oct 22, 2008.

1. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    I've done some searching and only found one similar reference in a media sharing thread.

Anywho, whenever I go into the setup menu and select "info & test" I get the scolling please bar and the system never responds again until I do a RBR or power down.

I do not know what os version I had previously for obvious reasons ;) But it did it again last night after the 290 install

HR20-100 w/ 750GB internal drive

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    That is odd... I have two questions:

(1) How long are you waiting after reboot and
    (2) Do you have a network cable connected.

If you have a network cable connected, try disconnecting it and seeing if you get different results.

3. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    Not sure if I heard of this issue. Does it happen often?

You might want to post this in the issues thread at the top of this forum.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=143187

It's important to get all the issues reported in one location. DirecTV reads the issues threads but necessarily the other threads in the forum. :)

Mike

4. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    I have waited as long as overnight to come back to the same screen. If I wait long enough the screen saver comes on but there is the program audio, but no way to change channels etc. I can press a button to get the SS so go away, but no other response from any buttons on the remote or front of DVR.

Once it came back to the setup menu's after 10 or so minutes but no info was in the area to the right and none of the setup options would do anything, but I was able to exit to programming.

I have had it networked in the past, but not currently as I moved recently.

I was not sure if I should post in the 290 thread since it happened also with whatever previous version I had, but I'll post this info there too.